Saturday 11 May 2013

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal Foundation

I recently started running a bit low on foundation, and seeing as spring is here, I wanted something lighter than Rimmel Wake Me Up, but heavier than a bb cream as I still need the coverage to conceal any redness and blemishes.

I did a first impressions review of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum earlier this year, and wasn't keen at all, but after testing the Healthy Mix Foundation in Superdrug, I decided to give the non gel based formula a try.

I've been using it daily for a good few weeks now, and I'm really liking it.  It has light/medium coverage as opposed to the full coverage I'm used to, but it's buildable to full coverage if needed, and mixed with a bit of Wake Me Up, it's easily full coverage.

I found it extremely easy to blend, although I still tend to work fast with it just in case it decides to set and leave streaks on my neck (it hasn't so far).

I got the Radiance Reveal version, and it has a satin to dewy finish. On my normal-dry skin it's very wearable without powder, giving a nice glow to the skin.  It has apricot for radiance, melon for hydration, apple for antioxidant and ginger for energy, it smells incredible - very fruity and fresh and not artificial and plastic-y - and claims to give a healthy glow and flawless complexion for up to 16 hours.

Whilst I haven't worn the foundation for 16 hours, I haven't had an issue with oxidation, caking or fading.  It has always lasted as long as I've needed it to, usually for a good 8+ hours.

I have it in the shade 51 Light Vanilla, and it matches my skin tone quite well - it's very pale.  If I want slightly more colour, I mix it with my Wake Me Up, as I said earlier.  There are 8 shades to choose from, so chances are you'll be able to find a shade that fits your skin tone.

Overall I love this foundation, it leaves my skin looking glowy and fresh, it feels light on the skin and hasn't caused any kind of irritation or reaction.  I would just say that there are a few versions of the Healthy Mix foundation, and the one I have and like is the Radiance Reveal.  The others I have tested and didn't like as much as this one.

It's available from Boots for £9.99


Previous Post: Review: Glossybox April 2013
Next Post: Review: Glossybox May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment