Sunday 9 June 2013

First Impressions: Seventeen 'On The Spot' Foundation

Today's blog is a first impressions review of Seventeen's new product, On The Spot Foundation, which was released on 13th May 2013.

I came across it when I was in Boots looking for a concealer and figured I'd give it a shot - it cost less than the concealers I was looking for and says full coverage right there on the front.  Worth a risk, right?

It has SPF 25, which is higher than most foundations, and it also claims to give you clearer skin in 4 weeks.  Not many make up products which claim to clear your skin actually do, but looking at the ingredients it contains:

Salicylic Acid - which is used to clear blemishes and pimples in people with acne, by reducing redness and swelling and unblocking clogged pores, and also works for conditions such as psoriasis by softening and loosening any dry skin

and Kaolin - which draws out impurities and toxins in the skin, reducing excess oil, dirt and other waste materials.

So I picked it up and have been using it for about 2 weeks now in place of / mixed with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal Foundation.  On it's own it's medium-full coverage, and mixed with Rimmel Wake Me Up or Bourjois Healthy Mix it's full coverage (no need for concealer!) and still light on the skin.

So far I have not had any breakouts since starting to use the product, and my skin is looking clearer than it was 2 weeks ago.  So far, so good!

The packaging is nice, a soft tube which is great for getting the last bits of product out, rather than the hard glass/plastic bottles, which inevitably have a good amount of product that you just can't reach at the end, and it has a pump dispenser, which dispenses enough for your whole face in 1 pump - less if you're mixing it with another foundation.

Overall I really like this foundation so far, and will definitely be repurchasing it if my skin stays clear whilst I'm using it.

RRP £5.99, available from Boots (Currently part of a 3 for 2 deal).

Previous Post: Glossybox May 2013 Review
Next Post: Glossybox June 2013 Review



No comments:

Post a Comment