Wednesday 18 June 2014

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation Review


For the past year, I've been using one foundation every single day, and can't believe I haven't written about it even once! (I had a draft post saved, and never actually wrote it). I've repurchased it 4 times now, and will continue to do so, because I can't see myself finding a better foundation than this any time soon.

I initially picked it up because it looked like it might be light enough for me, I hadn't seen a foundation available in such pale shades other than from places like Illamasqua and MAC, and I can't justify spending that amount of money on a foundation, when I'm on a pretty tight budget.  So I went for shade 010 Light Porcelain, and decided to give it a try.  At least with a drugstore foundation, if it wasn't the right colour it wouldn't be such a massive waste of money.

As it turned out, Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation stayed true to it's name - it is INCREDIBLE.  It's the perfect shade for my skin, and as it has a very slight pink undertone, it doesn't wash me out.  It makes my skin glow - not in a sweaty, gross looking way, but that dewy, healthy look everyone's always after.

Match Perfection is available in an impressive 11 shades, from Light Porcelain through to 402 Bronze (which is a medium, yellow toned shade), but there aren't any shades for dark skin, which is disappointing.  Everyone should be given the chance to try this!


Wearing Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

I was a bit worried about the coverage when I tried it, as it's quite a watery consistency, and feels really light on the skin - but again, I was pleasantly surprised when it gave excellent coverage.  The Rimmel website boasts that it has 'Traceless coverage for perfectly flawless skin under any light', and I'd have to agree.  It's build-able so you can go from using a teeny tiny bit and completely sheering it out (perfect for you lucky people with freckles), to using a few thin layers and concentrating on problem areas to get full coverage.

 The staying power is pretty damn impressive, too.  I don't find myself having to touch up my face during the day, (but I generally do add a touch more if I've been out all day and I'm going out in the evening, just to make sure...) and the oilier areas of my face - nose, chin - stay covered and any redness is concealed all day.

 The formula is free from parabens, and has SPF 18, higher than most drugstore foundations, which usually have around SPF 15.  It comes in a glass bottle, which is nice as opposed to the cheap plastic ones you usually get, and has a pump top.

All this for £6.99 (or less depending on where you go - £4.98 in Tesco!) - you can probably see why I keep buying it!  

It's available from most supermarkets with Rimmel displays (the cheapest place I've found it is Tesco), Superdrug, BootsFeelUnique and Amazon.


As always, thanks for reading and if you've tried the products, or found my review helpful, leave a comment below!

Rach xo




If you haven't liked my Facebook page, head on over and get updates on new blog posts and some extra mini-reviews etc. Click Here!
Next Post: Coming Soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment