Monday 4 November 2013

October 2013 Glossybox Review



Glossybox is a monthly subscription of 5 high-end beauty product samples (with some full-size products sometimes, too) for £10 + £2.95 p+p)


You can earn Glossydots by reviewing the products in a quick survey, or by inviting friends, and redeem points for a free box.  Each survey is worth 50 points, and 1000 Glossydots = 1 free box, so if you review 5 products a month, every 5th Glossybox should be free.  You get 200 Glossydots for every friend that signs up and places an order. 

The October box was yet another disappointment from a formerly great company, and after opening this box, I immediately unsubscribed.  I'll keep this blog short, as there really isn't much to say about any of these products.







First up was Eva Professional Mystic Diamond - a hair oil that uses argan oil and diamond powder to supposedly nourish and regenerate your hair and give it extra shine power.  It made my hair pretty greasy, which I guess is almost the same as shine?  The sample was tiny so I couldn't possibly say if continued use would 'regenerate' my hair, but it all sounds very sci-fi to me so I think I'll stick to my BiOrganics hair oil.
RRP. £22.70/100ml, Expensive, probably not worth it.














Next is Cherubs Blush Cheek & Lip tint from MeMeMe, a brand that I actually loathe.  All of the products I have had from them have been poorly packaged, barely pigmented and not worth owning.  I tried it out nonetheless, and stick to my opinion of the products.  It hardly had any colour, zero staying power (how can they call it a stain???) and felt like gritty water.  Not nice.  RRP. £5.50/12ml.
















I also got a product from Monu, another brand that Glossybox keep insisting on including.  This time it was an illuminating primer.  It has SPF 15 which is the only redeeming feature I could find.  It didn't do a good job of priming my skin, and was quite drying.  RRP. £24.95/50ml.



















Next was Harmony Multi-Vit Serum from Premae.  I had to get my glossybox out and check that I'd actually got this because I couldn't remember it at all.  Turns out I did -  The packaging is bright yellow and looks really cheap and tacky, not something I'd pick up off a shelf.  I've used it a few times now since re-discovering that I had actually received it, and it feels pretty nice on the skin - light and quite refreshing, but it doesn't seem to do very much at all.  My make up doesn't last longer, and my skin doesn't feel any smoother, but it hasn't broken me out which is a plus.  It is a really nice idea though, a primer that acts as a shield against the chemicals etc in your makeup, but maybe just use makeup with less chemicals and a primer that works well? Each to their own though.  RRP. £22.50/50ml.













Finally, to top off the massive disappointment that was this box, it couldn't really have been anything other than a perfume sample.  I got a small sample of Killer Queen by Katy Perry.  It's nothing special really.  RRP. £38.50/100ml















And that concludes my Glossybox reviews!  I have just ordered a Latest In Beauty box, so I will be reviewing that once it arrives, and I have a TON of other stuff backed up waiting to be reviewed, but life has been pretty hectic recently, so I'm a bit behind!  I promise to be better from now on, though!







If you haven't liked my Facebook page, head on over and get updates on new blog posts and some extra mini-reviews etc. Click Here!
Next Post: Coming Soon...
- See more at: http://www.beautyonabudget.tk/#sthash.t9JTGA2h.dpuf

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Not sure if you'd be interested, but I've noticed you are interested in using more natural products, there is a natural beauty box named Amarya, which you may be interested in now you've stopped subscribing to glossybox.

    http://www.amarya.co.uk/magazine/sample-page/

    I really like your blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame, Thank you so much for reviewing Premae Skincare. Our Harmony Serum has become a cult beauty-must have. sorry you didnt enjoy it -all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have tried it again since writing this, and edited the review.

      Delete