Thursday 3 January 2013

Review: Elf Mineral Lipstick - Cool Coral



Elf Mineral Lipstick in Cool Coral
RRP £5.00/3.8g

Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft colour naturally! This nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes, vitamins and plant extracts create the perfect moisturising formula. The sleek lipstick has superior colour payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing. Lips stay perfectly hydrated and soft throughout the day for no fuss, lip loving happiness. 


100% Mineral based lipstick with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.




Ingredients: 


Jojoba Seed Oil - Soothes, moisturizes and softens the skin. 

Coconut Oil - A moisturizing remedy to prevent wrinkles and sagging 
Candelilla Wax - Protects the skin against moisture loss
Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Caranauba Wax, Paraffin Wax
Castor Seed Oil - Soothing and rich in antioxidants - helps to prevent aging
Shea Butter - Deep penetrating, long acting - restores moisture balance & prevents visible aging
Olive Oil - Combats aging and locks in moisture
Tocopherol (Ve) - A Vitamin E derivative and a powerful antioxidant - helps skin healing
Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc) - A Vitamin C derivative that promotes healthy skin
Retinyl Palmitate (Va) - A Vitamin A derivative and powerful antioxidant which increases skin elasticity
Mica - Imparts a soft focus effect
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) - Provides sun protection
Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
Manganese Violet (CI 77742).


Colour:


So this is the colour I expected to receive when I ordered Cool Coral (6704), and below is the picture of the actual colour.  I MUCH prefer the actual colour to the photo on the website.  The photo online does the lipstick no justice whatsoever, it's just a stock lipstick photoshopped a bit to slightly resemble the colour you might imagine the lipstick to maybe be.







The actual colour of the lipstick is a lovely shimmery orange/red.

It has a great payoff, not too overwhelming but definitely the same colour that it is in the tube - it doesn't take 2 or 3 coats to build up, it's just there instantly and it's so pretty!

It's very multi-dimensional and depending on where the light hits it, you'll see a different colour, which I love.


I've never found that I had to wear lip-liner with this, it doesn't seem to smudge or bleed or wear thin, it's fine just on it's own - great for quick touch ups and not having to re-paint your whole mouth!




Texture:


It also has a kind of rough texture to it, probably because it's a mineral lipstick? but I just like to pretend that's exfoliating my lips.  It's actually really hydrating and makes my lips feel so soft.

 (no surprise when you see the ingredients list below) 

Longevity:


It has quite good lasting power, doesn't clump together in cracks in dry lips, and it doesn't smudge really easily - I can eat and this will stay on, but I'll touch it up anyway just because I love the colour.


Packaging:


The packaging has held up well, for all the knocking about in my coat pocket, being man-handled and bashed, it's still in near-perfect condition.  No cracks or splits in the plastic, and the eyes lips face hasn't rubbed off the side yet either.



Value:


It's my go-to lipstick, you know the one you keep in your coat pocket rather than your handbag?  It's that one.  It will sit forever in my coat pocket for those moments when I need shimmery orange lips.


It doesn't seem to be wearing down very quickly either, which is great.  You can tell from the photo that it has softened a bit around the edges, but considering my almost daily usage, I still have most of it left - I bought it around 7/8 months ago, maybe more?  So that's pretty good going.



Rating:


This is my favourite lipstick, and considering all points - Value for money, lovely colour and excellent payoff. I'm giving it 5/5.




Please leave comments below to let me know anything you'd like to see!


Previous Post: Everyday Makeup Products: Primers

Next Post: Dermalogica Deals

No comments:

Post a Comment